Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and sales through those links may reward Bigger Better Days with a small commission at no extra cost to you.
No matter how great your grocery store is, it’s not unusual to find NO organic or grass fed meat options. You’re lucky if there’s one brand and they have what you need in stock.
Even worse, the prices are astronomical and you have NO idea what quality that meat actually is.
Where it come from? How many times has it been frozen and unfrozen? What chemicals has it been sitting in?
The answers to all of those questions would probably seriously gross you out.
The good news is, you don’t have to keep buying overpriced grocery store mystery meat. You can use awesome organic meat delivery services instead!
Yes, organic, grass-fed meat from small sustainable farms delivered right to your door.
Yep. Count us in!
Per usual, we’re breaking down our favorites so you don’t have to do ANY work.
Check out these organic meat delivery services and let us know what you think!
Butcher Box is an amazing organic meal delivery service that works as a monthly subscription service. You get quality meat selections delivered directly to your doorstep. It will even come in an eco-friendly box!
Their proteins are hormone and antibiotic free cuts that include:
- 100% grass-fed beef
- Free range organic chicken
- Heritage breed pork
- Wild-caught/sustainable Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
They curate each monthly subscription and even send you easy-to-follow recipes too. The Butcher Box subscription is a great way to add a little variety into your life while getting premium quality organic meat delivery right to your door too.
You can choose a curated Butcher Box where you are surprised by the cuts you receive each month, or build your own custom box instead (slightly more expensive). The box sizes range from 8-11 lbs of meat equaling about 24 meals, all the way up to 18-26 lbs of meat, equaling about 60 meals.
And you don’t have to worry about getting a type of meat that’s not your favorite. You can select the range of meats you’d like to receive in your curated box if you opt to go that direction.
In fact, you can choose from any of the options below.
Butcher Box Meat Selection Options
- Custom Box
- The Mixed Box
- The Beef & Pork Box
- The Beef & Chicken Box
- The All Beef Box
Each box selection shows you exactly what cuts will be included so you can plan ahead.
If you choose the custom box, you can select from up to 21 different organic meat cuts.
Curious on price? The Butcher Box subscription works out to be a little less than $6 per meal. Shipping is free for all 48 continental states.
Butcher Box Perks
- Quality meats delivered to your doorstep
- First class eco-friendly packaging (all biodegradable or recyclable)
- Choose from curated subscription or design your own box
- Lots of freebies and deals (like free wings for life w/ each delivery)
- Multiple box size options ranging from 24-60 meals per month)
- Automatic deliveries make getting better quality meats easier
Crowd Cow is an organic meat delivery service taking the mystery out of where meat comes from. Created by two entrepreneurs who were sick overpaying for mystery, this cool organic meat delivery service works with small farms and ranches to deliver the highest quality products.
This cool marketplace for high quality organic meats personally knows every single farm they work with. They believe in complete food transparency, and you will totally be able to taste the difference in quality.
Crowd Cow allows you to shop a la carte, or use a subscription service. A la carte selection include beef, pork, chicken, lamb, seafood and wagyu. You can also select curated multi-protein boxes that include pairings from several farms. The Midweek Meal Prep, Farmers Market Share & Pre-Gram Party Prep are just a few of the tasty options.
Crowd Cow Perks
- High quality meat delivered to your home
- Free shipping on orders over $99
- A la carte, monthly subscription and curated box offerings
- Local farms close to home
- Complete transparency
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable packaging
Farmer Girl Meats
Farmer Girl Meats is an organic meat delivery service with a farm-to-table online store. They work with small family farms to deliver 100% grass-fed and pasture raised meats that are raised in healthy, sustainable conditions, with no antibiotics or hormones.
You can grab a variety of meats, including grass-fed beef, free range chicken, heritage pork, and pasture raised lamb.
Farmer Girl Meats is working to save the planet and our health by bringing back safe, responsible farming practices. They want to encourage consumers to move away from meats pumped with antibiotics, hormones and steroids that were produced in disgusting conditions.
We love the mission of this small company and love it even more that they’re growing and making an impact!
Farmer Girl Meats Perks
- High quality meats raised sustainably and humanely
- Special local delivery options for St. Louis customers
- Free shipping on select products and occasionally as a promotion
- Flexible options for one time deliveries, or regular scheduled deliveries
- Option to auto reorder for simpler and faster ordering (plus save 5% on auto reorders)
- Recycling program for deliveries
- No order minimums, no commitments
- $10 off your first delivery for new customers
Grass Roots is an organic meat delivery service that focuses on quality over quantity. They work with small farms with incredibly high standards. They’re a farmer-owned cooperative proudly raising happy animals raised in micro broods and herds. Grass Roots farms have the highest standards for hands on practices, and they care about their employees too.
Grass Roots has both a la carte organic meat delivery services, and subscription services too.
Grass Roots Perks
- High quality meats delivered to your door
- Customer rewards program
- Farmer owned
- Small batch regenerative farming practices
- Working towards Animal Welfare Certification
- $30 off your first order (for new customers)
- Free shipping on orders over $120
- Biodegradable and recyclable packaging
- 100% US raised and processed
- Each meat package contains farm name, pack date, lot # and processing company (totally traceable)
Greensbury is an organic meat delivery service that offers tons of options. You can shop a la carte as you please, or subscribe and save.
They’re certified organic so all meats are free or antibiotics, hormones and steroids. Their meats are also all vegetarian fed and their farming practices are both humane and sustainable.
They offer a lot more than just meat. While meat products include beef, poultry, pork, lamb, and bison, you can grab sockeye salmon, yellowfin tuna, shrimp, scallops and lobster tails while you’re shopping too.
Greensbury offers complete transparency to their processes, and exactly where their meat selections comes from. They even have an interactive map on their site!
- High quality meals delivered to your door
- Complete transparency
- Flexibility for a la carte ordering or subscription
- Monthly specials and sales
- Sustainable and human farming practices
- Curated packs for simple ordering
Organic Prairie is an organic meal delivery service organized as an independent cooperative or organic family farms. They believe in going beyond the typical organic standard and using the highest level of standards.
Organic Prairie meats are farmed without pesticides, antibiotics, hormones and GMOs. They also use humane and respectful practices with their animals, PLUS every bath of meat is tested for bacteria before it leaves their facilities. They even have a record of every animal they raise and harvest for complete accountability of their farm to table process.
You can find poultry, beef, pork, breakfast meats, sampler packs and gifts for easy ordering and delivery right on their site. They also offer free shipping on orders over $200, so buying in bulk is the smart way to shop!
Organic Prairie Perks
- High quality organic meat delivery to your home
- Large variety of meat options
- Humane and sustainable farming practices
- Free delivery over $200
- A la carte ordering, no subscriptions required
- Meat batches all tested before departing processing facilities
- Farm to table philosophy
Thrive market is an amazing source for all types of discounted healthy and organic foods, but they’re also a great organic meat delivery service with the recent addition of their protein boxes.
You can easily add one of the box options on to your regular grocery orders to get high quality organic meat delivered right to your door. Thrive Market meats are high quality. Beef comes from humanely raised and 100% grass-fed cattle, pork is pasture-raised and antibiotic pigs, and poultry is organic, humane and free-range.
Long story short, you can feel good about the Thrive Market organic meat delivery service!
Even better, you can get 25% off your first order with our special link!
You can choose from the following Thrive Market protein box options to find exactly what you need:
- Meat Sampler
- Meat & Seafood Box
- Meat & Seafood Box
- Premium Cuts Beef Box
- Meat Lovers Pork & Beef Combo Box
- Farmer’s Market Beef & Chicken Combo Box
- Surf & Turf Beer & Seafood Combo Box
- Ultimate Sampler Boxes
- Family-Style Beef Box
- Pork, Beef, & Chicken Box
- Back to School Box
- Box of the Month
Thrive Market Perks
- High quality meat delivered to your door
- 30 day free trial
- One stop shop for other high quality grocery items
- 25% off your first order (new customers)
- Tons of protein box options
Ready to give it a try? Score 25% off your first order with this Bigger Better Days link!
U.S. Wellness Meats
U.S. Wellness Meats is another amazing organic meat delivery service option, plus other great items too.
They work with small, humane, and sustainable family farms to offer high quality grass-fed meats, seafoods, and other specialty items. The company believes in going back to the original roots of farming and getting rid of the big-business farming practices that have a harmful impact on our animals, and our health.
They also offer a HUGE variety of proteins and seafood.
U.S. Wellness Meats farms are committed to sustainable, humane farming practices. Their farms don’t use pesticides or hormones, and maintain organic principles but are no longer certified due to changes in how the state of Missouri runs their program.
There is no subscription service, so all ordering is a la carte to your desired specifications. Shipping is free, but there is a small handling fee, and there is a $75 minimum order required for purchasing.
U.S. Wellness Meats Perks
- High quality meats from small, sustainable farms
- Grass-fed, organic practices
- Huge variety of organic meat products + way more!
- Free shipping
- No subscription requirements, order when you want
Vital Choice is an organic meat delivery service with TONS of options. They have almost any seafood option you can think of PLUS you typical beef, poultry, pork and bison. You can buy premium cuts, or pre-made products like sausage, dogs, burgers, bacon, jerky, broths and more.
This organic meat delivery service also sells other types of organic foods, seasonings, and even OMEGA-3s and supplements. It’s truly a one stop shop for healthy proteins.
Vital Choice offers a la carte ordering with no commitments, and also offers Vital Box monthly subscriptions to get sustainably caught wild seafood delivered monthly to your doorstep. They are constantly releasing new products like their limited edition Grill Box too.
Vital Choice Perks
- High quality meat and seafood delivered to your door
- Large seafood selection
- Certified B Corp
- Vital Rewards program
- A la carte shopping OR subscription boxes
- Additional products like seasonings and supplements
- Tons of pre-made products like sausages, dogs, burgers and jerky
- 10% discount with auto-shipping option
- Many Kosher certified products
White Oak Pastures
White Oak Pastures is another great organic meat delivery service. They are a 150-year-old multigenerational family farm that sells their products in several store chains, locally in Georgia, as well as through their online store.
They also offer a huge variety of meats, including beef, pork, chicken, turkey, guinea, duck, goose, lamb, goat, and rabbit.
Like the other organic meat delivery services, their farming practices are incredibly high quality, humane, and sustainable. Their certifications take things even a step further by having cattle that are Animal Welfare Approved and by hand-butchering.
White Oak Pastures Perks
- High quality meat delivered to your door
- Zero-waste farm model
- Wide variety of meat selections
- Additional artisanal products
- Flat rate shipping based on order size
- Free shipping on orders $400 or more
- Order a la carte, no subscription required
- Option to purchase whole cows and hogs for local pickup
So you can see, there are TONS of awesome organic meat delivery services out there.
No excuses for not eating healthier, safer meats. PS. They taste better too!
Let us know what you think about the organic meat delivery service you choose, or if we’ve missed any other awesome options.
For more information on living a healthier, fuller life, check out our Free Healthier Living Challenge below!